zona alto destra
I teach “Business Administration and Organization” , “Business Process Management and Control” and “Management Control Systems” at LIUC. I also teach Management research and experiment design and Managerial Accounting and Performance Measurement in the PhD Program in Management, Finance and Law for Business. I obtained my Master Degree in Business Administration in 1994 at Università Bocconi and Ph. D. in Management Engineering in 2005 at Politecnico di Milano.
My research interests are R&D and innovation management, technology strategy, management and organization, innovation and intellectual property, open innovation, family business. In these fields of study I have around 100 publications, as paper on international journals, book chapters and conference proceedings.
I served as scientific reviewer for several journals such as R&D Management, European Journal of Innovation Management, International Journal of Innovation Management, Journal of Small Business Management.
- Manzini R., Lazzarotti V., (2015) Intellectual property protection mechanisms in collaborative new product development, R&D Management, in press.
- Aloini D., Lazzarotti V., Manzini R., Pellegrini L. (2015) Technology strategy, open innovation and performance: evidences by a structural-equation-model approach, Measuring Business Excellence, Special Issue IFKAD, 19(3), pp.22-41.
- Lazzarotti V., Manzini R., Pellegrini L., (2015) Is your open innovation successful? The mediating role of the organizational and social context, International Journal of Human Resource Management, DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2014.1003080, 26 (19), pp. 2453–2485.
- Bengtsson L., Lakemond N., Lazzarotti V., Manzini R., Pellegrini L., Tell F., Open to a select few? Matching partners and knowledge content for open innovation performance, Creativity and Innovation Management, 24 (1), pp.72-86.
- Lazzarotti B., Pellegrini L., (2015) An explorative study on family firms and open innovation breadth: do non-family managers make the difference? European J. International Management, 9 (2), pp.179-200.
Invited speaker at World Conference on Intellectual Capital for Communities, Is your open innovation successful? The mediating role of a firm’s organizational and social context, May, 29, 2015, Faculté Jean Monnet, Paris.
Highly Commended Award – Emerald LiteratiNetwork 2008, with Vittorio Chiesa, Federico Frattini, Valentina Lazzarotti, Raffaella Manzini, How do measurement objectives influence the R&D performance measurement system design? Evidence from a multiple case study, Management Research News, Vol. 30, N. 3, 2007.
Runner up paper per l’articolo di Lazzarotti V., Manzini R., Pellegrini L. (2011) “Protecting IP in the Era of Open Innovation: an Empirical Study in Italy”, 12th International Continuous Innovation Network (CINet) Conference “Continuous Innovation: Doing More with Less”, 11-13 September 2011 Arhus, Denmark, ISBN 978-90-77360-00-2, pp. 561-574
- 2015-2016 scientific coordinator for SIFood Community, developed within the Open Innovation platform project promoted and financed by Regione Lombardia
- 2011, co-organizer of an international survey on open innovation practices in Food & Drink sector in collaboration with Kent Business School
- 2012, co-organizer of the "Open Innovation Survey_OIS" on open innovation practices in European manufacturing sectors (in collaboration with some Swedish and Finnish universities, e.g. KTH Royal Institute of technology, University of Gävle, School of Business, Lappeenranta University of Technology)
- 2011, scientific coordinator of Club-Clustering Project promoted and financed by Provincia di Varese, in collaboration with Insubrias Biopark: "Technological collaborations in biotech sector"
My research interests are R&D and innovation management, technology strategy, management and organization, innovation and intellectual property, open innovation.
- Reviewer for several international journals (e.g. International Journal of Innovation Management, Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, European Journal of Innovation Management, R&D Management) and national (Sviluppo & Organizzazione; Economia e Politica Industriale)
- 2015-2016 Co-organizer of a special issue for Management Decision Journal: Intellectual Property Management
- 2015-2016 Co-organizer of a special issue for Business Process Management Journal: Implementing Open Innovation: Technological, Organizational and Managerial tools
- 2015 Co-organizer of a special track at CINet 2015 Conference (Stockholm, 13-15 September): Intellectual property and Open innovation