zona alto destra
Salvatore Sciascia, Ph.D., is Full Professor at Università Cattaneo LIUC (Italy) since 2018.
From 2008 to 2018 he was Assistant Professor and Associate Professor at IULM University.
He got his Ph.D. at Università Cattaneo LIUC (Italy) in 2004 and visited the Jonkoping International Business School (Sweden) and University of Lugano (Switzerland) during his doctoral studies and after graduation. He received teaching, research and evaluation appointments in other Italian and European Universities (e.g. Bocconi, Cattolica-Milan, Valle d'Aosta, Pisa, Catania, Verona, Castellanza, Grenoble, Jonkoping, Vilnius, Lancaster).
He is a member of the Editorial Review Board of 6 journals: Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, Family Business Review, Journal of Small Business Management, Journal of Family Business Strategy, Journal of Management & Governance and Piccola Impresa / Small Business.
Salvatore Sciascia has authored papers appeared in journals such as: Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice (2); Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal; Family Business Review; Journal of Product Innovation Management; Journal of Business Research; Small Business Economics; Journal of Small Business Management (2); Journal of Family Business Strategy (3); Entrepreneurship and Regional Development; European Management Journal; Family Relations; International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation; Advances in Entrepreneurship, Firm Emergence, and Growth; International Journal of Technology Management; International Entrepreneurship & Management Journal; M@n@gement; Entrepreneurship Research Journal; International Journal of Entrepreneurship Education; New England Journal of Entrepreneurship; Economia & Management.
He regularly presents his research output at the main national and international conferences. In addition he received several conference appointments, i.e: chair of the "Governance, Management and Growth in Family Businesses" track of the EURAM Conference (Reykjavik, 2018); organizer of the SIDREA International Workshop on “Family Involvement in Management and Firm Growth (Naples, 2017); chair of the "Family Business Governance" track of the EURAM Conference (Glasgow, 2017); facilitator and keynote speaker at the IFERA Research Development Workshop (Wien, 2014); keynote speaker at the 5th E-LAB International Symposium of Entrepreneurship “Family Entrepreneurship: A New Field of Research Family Entrepreneurship” (Lyon, 2013); chair of the "Family business" track of the 1st Annual Corporate Entrepreneurship Workshop (Lyon, 2011); member of the "Research & Education Symposium" Scientific Committee of the Family Firm Institute Conference (New York, 2009); chair of the "Entrepreneurship in industrial districts" track of the EURAM Conference (Lubjana, 2008).
IFERA, SIDREA, AIDEA
He also worked as strategic advisor for new business creation, business innovation and regional development for individuals, companies and institutions.
• Honorable mention for a paper presented at the 17th IFERA World Family Business Research Conference (year 2017);
• Winner of a research grant from the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (year 2016);
• Invitation to the ToFE (Theory of Family Enterprise) Conference - Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice (year 2016);
• Outstanding reviewer for the 15th IFERA World Family Business Research Conference (year 2015);
• Excellent reviewer for Family Business Review (year 2014);
• Inclusion in the Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings (year 2014);
• Elsevier excellent reviewer for Journal of Family Business Strategy (year 2013);
• Admission to the Junior Faculty Research Workshop of the SMS Entrepreneurship and Strategy Interest Group (year 2012);
• Inclusion in the Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings (year 2011);
• Best paper on Entrepreneurship and Family Businesses at the 6th EIASM Workshop on Family Firms Management Research (year 2010);
• Best paper presented at the 9th IFERA World Family Business Research Conference (year 2009);
• Best article appeared in Family Business Review (year 2008);
• Honorable mention for a paper presented at the 8th IFERA World Family Business Research Conference (year 2008).
Family Business, Strategic Management, Business Performance, Entrepreneurship, Internationalization, Innovation.