zona alto destra
I am Full Professor at LIUC Università Cattaneo, where I teach “Innovation and New Product Development” and "Business Administration and Organization”.
My research interests are R&D and innovation management, technology management, innovation and intellectual property, open innovation, technology intelligence. In these fields of study I have around 60 international publications and I have coordinated projects financed by private companies as well as public funding agencies.
Very recently I have started studying the impact of Research activities in terms of Third Mission of Universities and Public Research Centres. in this field of study I am collaborating with the Italian Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN) and with the Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (ENEA) .
Since December 2015 I am Vice Rector with specific mandate on scientific research activities.
Since 2015 I'm the Director of the PhD Program in Management, Finance and Law for Business, where I teach Innovation Management.
I obtained my Master Degree in Management Engineering in 1994 at Politecnico di Milano.
- Manzini, Raffaella, Lazzarotti, Valentina, Pellegrini, Luisa (2016). How to remain as closed as possible in the open innovation era: the case of Lindt & Sprüngli. LONG RANGE PLANNING, p. 1-22, ISSN: 0024-6301, doi: 10.1016/j.lrp.2015.12.011
- Lazzarotti, Valentina, Manzini, Raffaella, Nosella, Anna, Pellegrini, Luisa (2015). Collaborations with scientific partners: the mediating role of the social context in fostering innovation performance. CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION MANAGEMENT, vol. 25, p. 142-156, ISSN: 0963-1690, doi: 10.1111/caim.12158
- Lazzarotti V., Manzini R., Pellegrini L. (2015) Is your open innovation successful? The mediating role of the organizational and social context, International Journal of Human Resource Management, DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2014.1003080, published online 23 Jan 2015.
- Manzini R., Lazzarotti V. (2015) Intellectual property protection mechanisms in collaborative new product development, R&D Management, DOI: 10.1111/radm.12126, published online 27 Feb 2015.
- Lazzarotti, V., Manzini, R ., Mari L., A model for R&D performance measurement, International Journal of Production Economics, 134 (2011) 212–223
- Lazzarotti V., Manzini R., (2009), Different modes of open innovation: a theoretical framework and an empirical study, International Journal of Innovation Management, vol 13, issue 4, pp. 615-636
- Chiesa, V., Frattini, F., Lazzarotti, V., Manzini, R. (2009). Performance measurement in R&D: exploring the interplay between measurement objectives, dimensions of performance and contextual factors. R&D Management. Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 488-519.
- Azzone G., Manzini R., (2008) Quick and dirty Terchnology assessment: the case of an Italian Research Centre, Technological forecasting and social change, vol 75.
- Chiesa, V., Frattini, F., Lazzarotti, V. and Manzini R., (2008). Defining a performance measurement system for the research activities: a reference framework and an empirical study. Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, No.25., p.213-226.
- Chiesa, V., Manzini, R., Organising for Technological Collaborations: a Managerial Perspective, R&D Management, July, 1998
Thanks to my experience in research on innovation, I’m often involved in the organization and management of scientific conferences on related topics. Recently: in 2016 and 2018, R&D Management Conference; in 2014-2015 International Conference on Public Policy; in 2013 - 2017 CINet Continuous Innovation Network international congress; in 2014 International Forum on Knowledge Asset Dynamics.
My publications are widely cited by some of the most relevant researchers working on my topics. Among them, Granstrand O., Bessant J., Enkel E., Tidd J., Birkinshaw J, Foss N.K., Gassmann O., Ritala P.
I’m also well recognized in my National scientific community, and for this reason I will be the organizer of the 2018 Scientific Meeting of Management Engineering that will be held in LIUC Università Cattaneo.
Thanks to my several publications and citations and to my collaborations with European researchers, I’m currently involved in the development of a new international collaboration for a European survey on Open Innovation, to be submitted under COST framework.
I act as reviewer for several international peer reviewed journals. Among them: R&D Management, European Management Journal, Long Range Planning, Technovation, Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, Technology Analysis and Strategic Management, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, International Journal of Innovation Management, Creativity and Innovation Management.
In 2008 - Emerald LiteratiNetwork 2008, by Emerald Publishing (GBR), Awards for excellence 2008 for highly commended article: Chiesa V., Frattini F., Lazzarotti V., Manzini R How do measurement objectives influence the R&D performance measurement system design? Evidence from a multiple case study Management Research News, Vol. 30, N. 3, 2007
In 1998 - Best paper award R&D management journal, CHIESA, MANZINI R Organising for Technological Collaborations: a Managerial Perspective. R&D MANAGEMENT, vol. 28, p. 199-212
2013-2015 “ETICO”, technology transfer in the energy industry, funded by the Italian Ministry for Economic Development, on the valorisation of the results of publicly funded research activities, in partnership with Politecnico di Milano, Energy Cluster, Euroimpresa, Innovahub SSI, EnergyLab.
2016-present scholarship granted by ENEA to the PhD Program of which I am the Director, aimed at studying this topic in the context of ITER project. I am the supervisor of the PhD student benefitting from this scholarship.
2008 Innovation performance and innovation capability in the Varese Province, funded by Università Carlo Cattaneo - LIUC.
2008 Implementation of a web-based software for measuring the innovation capability of companies, funded by Fondazione Cariplo
2005 “Evolution of business models in Made in Italy companies: relocation, innovation and alliances as sources of a new competitive advantage”, funded by Fondazione Cariplo
I also have several research and training projects in collaboration with companies, trade associations and institutional bodies, mainly provinces and Lombardy Region.