zona alto destra
I am Full Professor at LIUC Università Cattaneo, where I teach “Innovation and New Product Development” and "Business Administration and Organization”.
My research interests are R&D and innovation management, technology strategy, management and organization, innovation and intellectual property, open innovation. In these fields of study I have around 60 international publications and I have coordinated projects financed by private companies as well as public funding agencies.
Very recently I have started studying the impact of Research activities in terms of Third Mission of Universities and Public Research Centres. in this field of study I am collaborating with the Italian Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN) and with the Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (ENEA) .
Since December 2015 I am Vice Rector with specific mandate on scientific research activities.
Since 2015 I'm the Director of the PhD Program in Management, Finance and Law for Business, where I teach Innovation Management.
I obtained my Master Degree in Management Engineering in 1994 at Politecnico di Milano.
Manzini, Raffaella, Lazzarotti, Valentina, Pellegrini, Luisa (2016). How to remain as closed as possible in the open innovation era: the case of Lindt & Sprüngli. LONG RANGE PLANNING, p. 1-22, ISSN: 0024-6301, doi: 10.1016/j.lrp.2015.12.011
Lazzarotti, Valentina, Manzini, Raffaella, Nosella, Anna, Pellegrini, Luisa (2015). Collaborations with scientific partners: the mediating role of the social context in fostering innovation performance. CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION MANAGEMENT, vol. 25, p. 142-156, ISSN: 0963-1690, doi: 10.1111/caim.12158
Lazzarotti V., Manzini R., Pellegrini L. (2015) Is your open innovation successful? The mediating role of the organizational and social context, International Journal of Human Resource Management, DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2014.1003080, published online 23 Jan 2015.
Manzini R., Lazzarotti V. (2015) Intellectual property protection mechanisms in collaborative new product development, R&D Management, DOI: 10.1111/radm.12126, published online 27 Feb 2015.
- Lazzarotti, V., Manzini, R ., Mari L., A model for R&D performance measurement, International Journal of Production Economics, 134 (2011) 212–223
- Lazzarotti V., Manzini R., (2009), Different modes of open innovation: a theoretical framework and an empirical study, International Journal of Innovation Management, vol 13, issue 4, pp. 615-636
- Chiesa, V., Frattini, F., Lazzarotti, V., Manzini, R. (2009). Performance measurement in R&D: exploring the interplay between measurement objectives, dimensions of performance and contextual factors. R&D Management. Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 488-519.
- Azzone G., Manzini R., (2008) Quick and dirty Terchnology assessment: the case of an Italian Research Centre, Technological forecasting and social change, vol 75.
- Chiesa, V., Frattini, F., Lazzarotti, V. and Manzini R., (2008). Defining a performance measurement system for the research activities: a reference framework and an empirical study. Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, No.25., p.213-226.
- Chiesa, V., Manzini, R., Organising for Technological Collaborations: a Managerial Perspective, R&D Management, July, 1998
reviewer for several international journals: Long Range Planning, R&D Management, International Journal of Innovation Management, International Journal of Tehcnology Marketing, Industry and Innovation.
2015-2016: co-editor of a special issue of the Management Decision Journal: Intellectual property Management
2015-2016: co-editor of a special issue of the Business Process Management Journal: "Implementing Open Innovation: technological and managerial tools".
2014-2015: co-editor of a special issue of the International Journal of Technology Intelligence and Planning: "Do we still need another special issue on open innovation?", vol. 10, 3/4.
2015: organiser of a special track titled: "Technology clusters: supporting collaborative innovation" within the International Conference on Public Policy, Milan, July 1-3, 2015.
2015: organiser of a special track titled "intellectual property and innovation management" withi the CINet Conference 2105, September 13-15, Stockholm.
2011-2014: ETICO, “Innovation and technology transfer in the energy industry”, with Politecnico di Milano and Energy Cluster, grant by th italian Ministry of economic Development.
2011-2015: Open Innovation in the European Manufacturing Industry, with University of Gävle and University of Linköping, Sweden; Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland, and Kent Business School, UK.
2013-2016: Technology Intelligence in R&D intensive industries, grant by Saes Getters Company.
2013-2015: The appropriability of innovation in high tech, multi-invention contexts, grant by BTSR Company.
2008-2011: RIPPI, network for promoting Intellectual property protection, EU Inter-reg grant Italy - Switzerland.