zona alto destra
I am Full Professor at LIUC Università Cattaneo, where I teach “Innovation and New Product Development” and "Business Administration and Organization”.
My research interests are R&D and innovation management, technology strategy, management and organization, innovation and intellectual property, open innovation. In these fields of study I have around 60 international publications and I have coordinated projects financed by private companies as well as public funding agencies.
Very recently I have started studying the impact of Research activities in terms of Third Mission of Universities and Public Research Centres. in this field of study I am collaborating with the Italian Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN) and with the Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (ENEA) .
Since December 2015 I am Vice Rector with specific mandate on scientific research activities.
Since 2015 I'm the Director of the PhD Program in Management, Finance and Law for Business, where I teach Innovation Management.
I obtained my Master Degree in Management Engineering in 1994 at Politecnico di Milano.
- Manzini, Raffaella, Lazzarotti, Valentina, Pellegrini, Luisa (2016). How to remain as closed as possible in the open innovation era: the case of Lindt & Sprüngli. LONG RANGE PLANNING, p. 1-22, ISSN: 0024-6301, doi: 10.1016/j.lrp.2015.12.011
- Lazzarotti, Valentina, Manzini, Raffaella, Nosella, Anna, Pellegrini, Luisa (2015). Collaborations with scientific partners: the mediating role of the social context in fostering innovation performance. CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION MANAGEMENT, vol. 25, p. 142-156, ISSN: 0963-1690, doi: 10.1111/caim.12158
- Lazzarotti V., Manzini R., Pellegrini L. (2015) Is your open innovation successful? The mediating role of the organizational and social context, International Journal of Human Resource Management, DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2014.1003080, published online 23 Jan 2015.
- Manzini R., Lazzarotti V. (2015) Intellectual property protection mechanisms in collaborative new product development, R&D Management, DOI: 10.1111/radm.12126, published online 27 Feb 2015.
- Lazzarotti, V., Manzini, R ., Mari L., A model for R&D performance measurement, International Journal of Production Economics, 134 (2011) 212–223
- Lazzarotti V., Manzini R., (2009), Different modes of open innovation: a theoretical framework and an empirical study, International Journal of Innovation Management, vol 13, issue 4, pp. 615-636
- Chiesa, V., Frattini, F., Lazzarotti, V., Manzini, R. (2009). Performance measurement in R&D: exploring the interplay between measurement objectives, dimensions of performance and contextual factors. R&D Management. Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 488-519.
- Azzone G., Manzini R., (2008) Quick and dirty Terchnology assessment: the case of an Italian Research Centre, Technological forecasting and social change, vol 75.
- Chiesa, V., Frattini, F., Lazzarotti, V. and Manzini R., (2008). Defining a performance measurement system for the research activities: a reference framework and an empirical study. Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, No.25., p.213-226.
- Chiesa, V., Manzini, R., Organising for Technological Collaborations: a Managerial Perspective, R&D Management, July, 1998
reviewer for several international journals: Long Range Planning, R&D Management, International Journal of Innovation Management, International Journal of Tehcnology Marketing, Industry and Innovation.
2015-2016: co-editor of a special issue of the Management Decision Journal: Intellectual property Management
2015-2016: co-editor of a special issue of the Business Process Management Journal: "Implementing Open Innovation: technological and managerial tools".
2014-2015: co-editor of a special issue of the International Journal of Technology Intelligence and Planning: "Do we still need another special issue on open innovation?", vol. 10, 3/4.
2015: organiser of a special track titled: "Technology clusters: supporting collaborative innovation" within the International Conference on Public Policy, Milan, July 1-3, 2015.
2015: organiser of a special track titled "intellectual property and innovation management" withi the CINet Conference 2105, September 13-15, Stockholm.
2011-2014: ETICO, “Innovation and technology transfer in the energy industry”, with Politecnico di Milano and Energy Cluster, grant by th italian Ministry of economic Development.
2011-2015: Open Innovation in the European Manufacturing Industry, with University of Gävle and University of Linköping, Sweden; Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland, and Kent Business School, UK.
2013-2016: Technology Intelligence in R&D intensive industries, grant by Saes Getters Company.
2013-2015: The appropriability of innovation in high tech, multi-invention contexts, grant by BTSR Company.
2008-2011: RIPPI, network for promoting Intellectual property protection, EU Inter-reg grant Italy - Switzerland.