STGraph: learning by simulating
STGraph is a software application to create, edit and run models of dynamical systems according to the state variable approach of System Theory. It allows interactively building models as directed graphs, whose nodes and arrows represent variables and relations of functional dependence between variables respectively.
STGraph was initially developed as a support tool for lectures of System Theory for engineering students at master level, but it has been used also by high school students and some professionals.
STGraph is an open source, freely downloadable application, written in Java and runnable on any JVM/JRE 1.6+. Its user interface is currently in English and Italian.
STGraph is the core component of the architecture YourBusiness Game.
Download STGraph and some related documentation
STGraph can be freely downloaded by any single user or organization which will use it for non profit purposes.
Those who are interested to use STGraph for other purposes are requested to write to email@example.com for an agreement.
- Download STGraph (build 23.2.16, Italian and English user interface) [zip file, 4.9 MiB], with installation instructions (note: after the first installation STGraph can be incrementally updated: run the application and then select Help | Update STGraph...) (note: each STGraph version is identified by the build date, and the changes between versions are usually related only to minor new functionalities and bug fixes: data file format compatibility is generally guaranteed among versions).
- STGraph documentation files (in Italian and English) [zip file]
- Una breve introduzione operativa a STGraph (in Italian)
- Una breve introduzione concettuale a STGraph (in Italian)
- Una breve introduzione a STEL (STGraph Expression Language) (in Italian)
STGraph is Copyright 2004-2017, Luca Mari and is licensed under the GNU GPL 2.0.
STGraph is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.0 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
Project contact: Luca Mari (firstname.lastname@example.org).